As an APA member, you now have free access to a CME course each month on a trending topic through the APA Learning Center.
Benefits of membership include access to invaluable resources, such as:
- Practice Management – A wide variety of practical assistance on issues arising day-to-day:documentation, DSM-5 coding, establishing a private practice, closing a practice, etc.
- Patient Resources – Receive a 20% discount on informational pamphlets written for patients, which provide answers to commonly asked questions about mental health issues and disorders.
- Education – Online CME, including: 50% member discounts on Practice Guideline courses (with certificate); free Performance in Practice(PIP) modules (a $399 value!); and other world -class continuing medical education (CME) opportunities. (For a listing of APA’s current online educational offerings please visit: www.apaeducation.org)
- Salons: Dinner meetings in Toronto with invited expert speakers, providing 2.5 Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credits.
- Meetings: Significant registration discounts for the APA Annual Meeting in May, and the Institute on Psychiatric Services in October. Both provide CME credits.
- NB: Registration at both meetings is free for medical students.
- Free Subscriptions – Online and hard-copies of The American Journal of Psychiatry and Psychiatric News; and the Psychiatric News Update, an e-mail newsletter that delivers updates on APA advocacy, announcements about APA’s programs and services for members, and highlights of articles in APA’s major publications. Members also receive a 20% discount (Members-in-Training receive a 25% discount) on all titles from the American Psychiatric Publishing Company, including the DSM-5, at: www.lb.ca/americanpsychiatric
- Networking – Reconnect or meet new colleagues in a convivial setting at local Salons and at annual meetings; interact with international colleagues world-wide through APA’s special list servs and discussion forums, and through our social media communities on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedln.
- Jobs – Access listings in the US and Canada through APA Job Central.
- Discounts – Available on car rentals with Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Hertz, and National.
Medical Students & Residents – Membership benefits
Aside from all the regular benefits of membership, medical students and residents:
- pay no membership fees for the first year, and pay an eighty-percent reduced fee, till after graduation from residency.
- get free attendance at the ODBAPA Psych Salons (CME) in Toronto
- get free registration at the APA Annual meetings and at the Institute on Psychiatric Services meetings
- get a 25% discount on all purchases from the American Psychiatric Publishing Company
A warm welcome awaits you at the Ontario District Branch. Please join us.
|Membership Category||APA Base Fees 2021|
|► American Psychiatric Association Base dues *|
|Resident & Fellow Member (RFM) (1st year waived)||$66.00|
|General Member (Year 1) *||$92.00|
|General Member (Year 2)||$128.00|
|General Member (Year 3)||$163.00|
|General Member (Year 4)||$214.00|
|General Member (Year 5)||$270.00|
|General Member (Year 6)||$321.00|
|General Member (Year 7+)||$357.00|
|Fellow, Distinguished Fellow & Associate Member||$357.00|
|Semi-retired Member (one half of regular dues)||$178.50|
|Retired Member (one third of regular dues)||$119.00|
|► Ontario District Branch additional dues||ODB fee 2021|
|Resident & Fellow Member||no charge|
*Graduated General Member (GM) dues are for Early Career Psychiatrists who have completed training and advanced to GM status or joined within the first six years out of training. New General Members who have been out of training for more than six years will be discounted 50% of the full GM rate when joining and will be charged the full amount of GM dues the following year.
► All figures are in U.S. Dollars
► APA Membership year runs January 1 – December 31